<$BlogRSDURL$>

Analog Aesthetics

superior.acoustics

Monday, July 17, 2006

back in the USA 

... and there are so many reasons to be happy.

Starting over can be scary. My Fulbright year has ended, and I get the feeling I've just been dropped off at some unknown station with nothing but the bags in my hand and clothes on my back, asked to go forth and prosper. I'm staying with my parents for the week during the hardest period of readjustment, but things aren't going as smoothly as I had hoped. Even though I've done this several times before, the abrupt change always hits me hard. I've developed two types of selves, the German Ama and the US Ama, and leaving one or the other always gives me the blues.

Being here, even when I close my eyes, Germany seems like a dream away. The people I met there, the places I've seen - they all come to me as if only vague happenings. I lose touch with who I once was, as if putting that part of me to sleep for another time. I know I'll be going back soon; my love affair with Germany will never rest. The when and why are unknowns, but hopefully I won't be away too long.

For the time being, I'm dreaming of Washington, D.C. and all the possibilities there. I have to decide soon where I'm headed, because the list seems endless: grad school, the start of a radio career, Peace Corps or the American Foreign Service (and South America or Africa!), teaching, moving back to Europe for good. I feel pulled in several different directions, caught on a breeze that could land me anywhere.

I'm ready for the next challenge. Email or call me, because I'm ready to get back in touch.

Get on the mic!

The tape's still hissing...

Tape Backups

My blogosphere: